Did you know that compost is a BRILLIANT resource for your garden? If not then, here, courtesy of Garden Organic is a list of the reasons why……
- it provides food for plants slowly over time, which is the best way
- it improves the soil structure
- it makes heavy soils more workable
- it increases the amount of water a soil can hold
- it promotes biological activity in the soil, which keeps it healthy
- it cushions extreme changes in pH
- it reduces erosion and nutrient leaching
- it may help suppress plant diseases.
So all in all, a fabulous list of reasons why composting is such an important activity for any houeshold and should be encouraged as much as possible. Are you doing your bit?
Love Your Environment!