There’s talk at the moment that many water companies may be looking to introduce temporary hosepipe bans to help protect our water supply so saving water has never been more important and everyone can do their little bit, it just takes a little bit of care and thought and a small actions can make huge differences!
Here are five simple things you can do:
1. Use a Water Butt to collect rainwater – it can be collected from the house, roof, garage, shed and even your greenhouse!
2. Deliver water directly to the base of your plants by using an approved irrigation system.
3. Keep your garden and beds weed free as they compete with any crops for that precious moisture.
4. Keep evaporation to a minimum by watering either in the morning or late on in the evening.
5. Mix water storing granules in to any containers, window boxes and hanging baskets.
Love Your Environment! Love Your Water!