- Pinch-prune figs. By pinching out the growing point of new shoots, this encourages a heaver crop of fruits
- Thin out fruitlets of apples, pleases, peaches and plums this month to ensure that those that remain have room to swell.
- Move citrus trees outside and gradually acclimatise them to the higher levels by opting for a shady spot for the first two weeks.
- Peg down strawberry runners if you’d like to propagate from your stock.
- Thin out new shoots of raspberries to ease congestion.
- Cover ripening cherries with sheets of clear polythene during wet weather as this prevents the fruit skin cracking.