More and more schools and gardeners are discovering the benefits of growing in Raised Beds. Here are the top seven reasons to use one!
1. You can match the type of soil in your Raised Wooden Bed to suit your plants or if you live in an area with poor or heavy clay soil you can fill your Wooden Raised Beds with a good growing medium.
2. Raised Wooden Beds take the bending out of gardening and provide easy access gardening for the young, old and the disabled.
3. Raised Wooden Beds offer improved drainage which is good news for those that live in an area prone to flooding and also during prolonged wet weather.
4. Crops are easily reached without walking on the soil so there is no compaction meaning less digging and less work.
5. The soil warms up much faster in Spring enabling you to plant earlier crops.
6. They are easy to cover with film, fleece or netting to protect crops.
7. They are suitable for growing a wide variety of Soft Fruits, Vegetables, Herbs, Flowers, Alpines, Small Trees and Shrubs.