- Pinch-prune figs. By pinching out the growing point of new shoots, this encourages a heaver crop of fruits
- Thin out fruitlets of apples, pleases, peaches and plums this month to ensure that those that remain have room to swell.
- Move citrus trees outside and gradually acclimatise them to the higher levels by opting for a shady spot for the first two weeks.
- Peg down strawberry runners if you’d like to propagate from your stock.
- Thin out new shoots of raspberries to ease congestion.
- Cover ripening cherries with sheets of clear polythene during wet weather as this prevents the fruit skin cracking.
Then you can reap the benefits of your hard work and enjoy eating your produce!