Well it’s now officially the threshold of spring so we thought you might like these tips to help the new gardening season start with a flourish!
- Complete any unfinished digging and winter pruning
- Clean up the ground in between strawberry plants, take off the old leaves and apply a top dressing of a general fertiliser.
- When the weather becomes milder, prepare your beds in to which seed will be sown directly.
- Plant out your early potatoes and don’t forget to keep planting out at regular intervals. Bear in mind you might need to protect them from frosty weather.
- Plant out onion sets, shallots and garlic before they start to produce shoots.
- If you can offer greenhouse protection, sow celery, celeriac, french beans and cauliflowers.